On Friday, the Wyoming House of Representatives advanced a bill to set up a task force to prepare for the total economic and political collapse of the United States. Per the bill, the panel would investigate things like food storage options and metals-based currencies, to be implemented in the event of a major catastrophe.
Then it goes three steps further. An amendment by GOP state rep. Kermit Brown*, calls on the task force to examine “Conditions under which the state of Wyoming should implement a draft, raise a standing army, marine corps, navy and air force and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.” As Miller explained to the Casper Star-Tribune, “Things happen quickly sometimes.”
I don’t know what to say… I mean, I can understand South Carolina doing this, but Wyoming? Really?
- Wyoming Prepares For National Doomsday By Issuing Strategy For State Isolationism (inquisitr.com)
- Wyoming Legislator Wants State To Plan For Collapse Of United States (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Wyoming Introduces ‘Doomsday Bill’ To Prepare For Collapse of Federal Government (mountainrepublic.net)
- Wyoming Wants Their Own Currency, a Draft, and a Freaking Aircraft Carrier In case of Doomsday (gizmodo.com)
- Wyoming Preparing for Disaster; Washington DC Making One (markamerica.com)