All previous popes in living memory held the service either in St. Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican or in the Basilica
of St. John in Lateran, which is the pope’s cathedral church in his capacity as bishop of Rome.
…When he was archbishop of Buenos Aires, the former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio often celebrated the Holy Thursday service in a jail, a hospital, a home for the elderly or with poor people.
What if Pope Francis, instead of changing doctrines and dogmas to fit the needs of Mainline Protestantism instead continues to do stuff like this? What if, after he cleans up what is widely regarded as the den of depravity — the Curia — Pope Francis remains more orthodox than ever but refuses to obey protocol? Instead, he brings humility, causes humility, shows compassion, causes compassion, and simple tries to show the love of the Gospel and who the Catholic Church believes Jesus is?
Pope Francis, what have you done?
- New Pope Caught Between Sacred Past and New Present (candidobservation.wordpress.com)
- Two Chairs of Peter: Reform, Orthodoxy and the Papacy (orthodoxyandheterodoxy.org)
- Pope sounds warning to Catholics (bbc.co.uk)
- 10 Fascinating Facts About Pope Francis (listverse.com)
- Pope Francis: One Patriarch Among Many? (orthodoxyandheterodoxy.org)
- Pope Francis 5 Reason He’s The People’s Pope (guardianlv.com)
- Francis’ New Papal Style: A Comparison with Benedict (world.time.com)
- Pope Francis calls for defense of the weak, environment in inaugural mass (bangordailynews.com)