They have Twittered it, and Facebooked it – but I have a few questions.
Brad Strand, M.Ed., and Masters of Arts in Religion from Liberty University in 2001, is pastor of the Harvest Bible Church in Cash, Texas. He has labored relentlessly on THE STRAND STUDY BIBLE since the fall of 1977. Well over 30,000 hours have been spent putting this work together. It is a work of a lifetime, inspired by a love for the truth.
Okay, fine and dandy, but so far, from the little bit that I have seen, I have questions:
- Does the author really intend to mean that the New Covenant which began with Christ, which tore down the middle wall between God and humanity started in Eden?
- Does the author really intend to associate Judaism with Gnosticism, Socialism, and Christian Science among a whole host of questionable (to say the very least) groups?
- Does the author really to mean that Catholicism started somewhere in a 400 year period, and is a false way, but gave birth to both Eastern Orthodoxy and Protestantism, which the author considers Christianity?
- Is Judaism a heresy, considering that somehow it started on the death of Moses?
- Doesn’t God’s program to redeem humanity end with the Church?
I invite the author to respond. (Update – the author choose to respond via a third party on Facebook – see the comments section.)