According to the incident reports (and later confirmed to us by an executive for Clear Channel, the station’s parent company), the anti-gay remark was made by Dominic Dieter, one of the “Rover’s Morning Glory” cast members. Responding to an e-mail from a father who (for reasons unknown) wrote to the station to say that he’d happened upon his teenage daughter kissing another girl. Deiter responded to the father, on-air, by saying:
“You should get one of your friends to screw your daughter straight.”
This is not okay. Not on any level, and not in any context. We trust that the majority of fair-minded Americans will agree. Make no mistake, if this young woman is, in fact, gay – or if she’s simply not interested in having sex with any of her father’s friends, then what Dieter is suggesting is rape.
Corrective Rape is an actual concept, by the way, and one advocated by crazies and employed by madmen.
- South Africans decry ‘corrective rapes’ of lesbians (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- “Corrective Rape” (nickispies.wordpress.com)
- Corrective rape as a strategy to cure being gay in Ecuador (haleybehre.wordpress.com)
- South Africa: Lesbian’s Killers Sentenced in Landmark Hate Crime Case (ibtimes.com)
- South Africa Lesbian Killers| Zoliswa Gets Justice at Last (oblogdeeoblogda.wordpress.com)