The hubris of Driscoll knows no bounds… the man is hardly a pastor, but more like a dictator. Further, the amount of attention paid to sex in his church is telling, but I wouldn’t want to tell you too much. You’ll see it soon enough, I suspect.
Anyway, Matthew Paul Turner, shares two posts about Andrew, a young man who attended Mars Hill Church, moving from an active member to one who was excommunicated. That’s right…. Driscoll has established himself as a fundamentalist version of the pope (although, I suspect that the Holy See has more love and compassion in it than Driscoll does. I almost wrote Holy Father, but I don’t want to scare anyone). Notice the dialogue – the church leaders are the ones who can determine sin and repentance. This is in effect a carrying out of a bad characterization of Roman policy. Going beyond this, however, is the puritanical effort of shaming Andrew. You’ll have to read the posts to see what I mean.
If you a member of the Mars Hill church, get out. And if you would like help getting out, feel free to comment below or email me, and I can refer you to counselors who specialize in helping people remove themselves from abusive relationships, communities, and cults.
I would go further and note that as every blogger has a voice, we should continue to post on Driscoll and call attention to the garbage which he is producing.
- Mark Driscoll, spiritual abuse, and fluffy bunnies… (moonchild11.wordpress.com)
- And the Verdict? Mark Driscoll Leads a Cult (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Did Anyone Else Know Pastor Mark Driscoll Was Sexist? (patheos.com)
- Be a Man (ldstalk.wordpress.com)
- Who Is Jesus? – Mark Driscoll (lnger.wordpress.com)
- Mark Driscoll admits being “chauvinistic” (gentlewisdom.org)