I have thus far attempted to focus on local issues on this blog, but…
I am not a pacifist. I do not believe it is justifiable, either by Scripture or Tradition. I believe in Just War. I likewise believe in the preservation of human life.
The only thing ISIS wants us to hear is that they intend to destroy all opposition to the Caliphate, including women and children.
“Christianity in Mosul is dead, and a Christian holocaust is in our midst,” said Mark Arabo, a Californian businessman and Chaldean-American leader. In an interview with CNN’s Jonathan Mann, he called what’s happening in Iraq a “Christian genocide” and said “children are being beheaded, mothers are being raped and killed, and fathers are being hung.”
We know the Yazidi are being systematically destroyed. This is a genocide.
This is not about the Tomb of the Prophet Jonah. This is about the slaughter of men, women, and children — rape, brutal murder…
I voted for the President, in part, because he promised to keep us out of Iraq. I do not want to be in Iraq. In fact, I believe that the history of Western colonization of the Middle East has helped to lead us to to this point. But, regardless — we are here.
This is not Rwanda. This is Iraq.
ISIS has only one story to tell — death.
I believe our rejoinder should be just, merciful and quick. We have no need to listen to the narratives of these people. We need to shut them up without any hope of rebuttal.
If we do nothing, our story will be one of hell and may God give us the same fate we allow others to suffer.
- ISIS seizes Christian city in Iraq (cnn.com)
- Christian forced to convert to Islam, then beheaded (dailyindependentnig.com)
- Who will stop ISIS? (cnn.com)
- MUST SEE VIDEO>>> Female Iraqi Lawmaker COLLAPSES IN PARLIAMENT – Begs For Help from ISIS Genocide of Yazidi Minority (menorahblog.typepad.com)
- ISIS overtakes Iraq’s largest Christian city (ky3.com)
- ISIS overtakes Iraq’s largest Christian city (wdsu.com)