Thanks to Accordance for sending me this software bundle. I’ll speak more about what is in it later. Warning, this is my first Accordance package, so I cannot compare it to 10 or below. My focus will be on the ease of Accordance and what it can do (learning curve, basic operation, etc…). This is the collection I am working with. For those who want to see what is new in Accordance 11, see here.
First, straight out of the box, it downloaded, installed, and “indexed” quick, easy, and without pain to my Mac. Another thing? I get to use Dropbox to store some data.
I am going to spend some considerable amount of time with it over the next few weeks. So, I encourage you to ask questions — what do you look for in a study software platform? Why do you think you need/don’t need it?
For me, the “why” is very simple. Because of the volume of information out there, I need something that will help compile it. I need something I can carry with me. I need a roving library. I don’t really do sermon prep — mainly because when I do preach, I will use the lectionary. But I do do a lot of study and research. So, I need something that aids me in this.
For the Student
- Forget Pen and Paper: Highlight and add notes to any book.
- Leave the Books at Home: Accordance links your grammars and textbooks directly to the Bible.
- Cite Your Sources: Get instant bibliographic info when you copy and paste.
For the Teacher/Professor
- Go to the Sources: Explore Biblical Greek and Hebrew, Dead Sea Scrolls, Rabbinics, Church Fathers, and more.
- Trust Your Materials: Accordance offers research-grade texts and scholarly tools.
- Present Your Findings: Enhance your teaching with stunning visuals and export options.
Equally, I have downloaded the iOS app for both my iPhone 5c and iPad 3. It is nicely streamed lined on those devices as well.
Again, let me say that I am impressed with this native Mac platform. More to come.