The waxing obsession with the planet Nibiru , which conspiracy theorists say is a planet swinging in from the outskirts of our solar system that is going to crash into Earth and wipe out humanity in 2012 — or, in some opinions, 2011 — shows that an astonishing number of people “are watching YouTube videos and visiting slick websites with nothing in their skeptical toolkit,” in the words of David Morrison, a planetary astronomer at NASA Ames Research Center and senior scientist at the NASA Astrobiology Institute.
Morrison estimates that there are 2 million websites discussing the impending Nibiru-Earth collision. He receives, on average, five email inquiries about Nibiru every day.
The idea that doomsday will result from a planetary collision was first proposed in 1995 by Nancy Lieder, a self-described “contactee.” Lieder claims she has the ability to receive messages through an implant in her brain from aliens in the Zeta Reticuli star system.
It is a widely known #fact that when you say something and add the word #fact, it suddenly becomes a fact. #fact
This is just silly, #fact.
- Believers In Mysterious Planet Nibiru Await Earth’s End (space.com)
- More Scaremongering… From Doomsday cultists… (erosionoffreedom.wordpress.com)
- Antarctica Webcam Footage Shows Nibiru, Second Sun, Crystal Clear (photonicportal.wordpress.com)
- Something Big Is Coming and the Elite Know It. But What Exactly Is It? (worldtruthtoday.com)
- Second Sun Nibiru Clearly Visible in Webcam Footage From Hawaii, South Pole (alternativenewsreport.net)
- Look Up! A Rare Planetary Alignment, Visible from Earth (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Nibiru, Ascension, Cetaceans, Tesla . . . (deeplightmedia.wordpress.com)
- 2012: Beginning of the End or Why the World Won’t End? (matthewzavoras.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING: Second Sun Nibiru Clearly Visible in Webcam Footage From South Pole (alternativenewsreport.net)