A new and intriguing prospect for the Crystal Cathedral emerged Wednesday when the Roman Catholic Diocese of Orange said it was considering buying the bankrupt church in Garden Grove and converting it to a Catholic cathedral.
The announcement by Orange Bishop Tod Brown came one day after Chapman University made a $46-million bid for the 40-acre site. The Crystal Cathedral had earlier reached a tentative agreement for a sale and lease-back deal with a real estate developer, subject to approval by U.S. Bankruptcy Court Judge Robert Kwan.
The very least, at least their will be solid teaching in that place…
- Chapman U. offers to buy Crystal Cathedral (lansner.ocregister.com)
- Robert Schuller Ousted from Crystal Cathedral (slaughteringthesheep.wordpress.com)
- Crystal Cathedral Board: We Didn’t Oust Founder (newser.com)
- It’s Not Really a Church so its Infighting isn’t Christian Anyway (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- The ‘Power’ of Positive Thinking: Robert Schuller Ousted by Daughters (scotteriology.wordpress.com)