The US-led military intervention against Syria would be “a disaster. It would be like a volcano erupting with an explosion meant to destroy Iraq, Lebanon, Palestine. And maybe someone wants this”. This is what the Patriarch of Babylon of the Chaldeans Louis Raphael I Sako expressed to Fides Agency
Read his statement. Pope Francis has also weighed in… suggesting the rebels lay down their arms.
- Can Christianity Survive in the New Iraq? (Teule) (juancole.com)
- IRAQ – SYRIA – More than 15 thousand Syrian Kurds flee to Iraq. Archbishop of Erbil: “Help us” (asianews.it)
- Pope urges world to help find solution to war in Syria (vanguardngr.com)
- Pope disturbed by terrible images from Syria (dailystar.com.lb)
- Pope Francis has renewed his call for peace in Syria, urging international leaders to “find a solution to a war that sows destruction and death.” (blackpoolparish.wordpress.com)