Well… through his attorney:
“He has said that he believed the actions were atrocious, but that in his head they were necessary,” defense lawyer Geir Lippestad told TV2 news.
And on the ‘Christian fundamentalist bit…’
Deputy police chief Roger Andresen declined to comment on the possible motive for the killings, but said: “We have no more information than … what has been found on (his) own websites, which is that is goes toward the right (wing) and that it is, so to speak, Christian fundamentalist.”(here)
Roger’s a nice lad and all, but from what I’ve seen, Breivik was a cultural Christian and was only one to defeat the threat he saw in Islam. There hasn’t been, as far as I’ve seen, any writings produced to show that he believed in Christian fundamentalist, or even Evangelical Christian, even of the European variety.
I have to wonder though… if he will be judged by his own words:
ALL hate ideologies should be treated equally.
I suspect that his ‘Christianity’ is nothing more than what we would see in The Church of Jesus Christ – Ayran, if that. Most of his writings are cultural if anything, but Christian…
But, it does put us in a unique position, doesn’t it…
- The Norway Bomber is a Christian Fundamentalist: Anders Behring Breivik (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- A Fascinating Take on the Norwegian Terrorist Anders Behring Breivik (zwingliusredivivus.wordpress.com)
- Anders Behring Breivik: The face of Norway terror suspect emerges. Death toll at 84, and rising (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- Right-Wing Christian Fundamentalist, Anders Behring Breivik, Responsible For Deadly Shooting Rampage In Norway (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Mass Murderer with Headshots? – UPDATED (patheos.com)