Use one app to look up any Greek or Latin word: Logeion was developed at the University of Chicago to provide simultaneous lookup of entries in the many reference works that make up the Perseus Classical collection. Most reference works represented in this app are based on digitized texts from the Perseus Digital Library at Tufts University.
- Liddell and Scott’s Greek-English Lexicon (1940)
- Liddell and Scott’s Intermediate Greek Lexicon (1889)
- Autenrieth’s Homeric Dictionary
- Slater’s Lexicon to Pindar (1969)
- Lewis’s Elementary Latin Dictionary (1890)
- Harper’s Dictionary of Classical Antiquities
- Princeton Encyclopedia of Classical Sites
- Smith’s Dictionary of Greek and Roman Geography
- Smith’s Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities
- Perseus Encyclopedia
The app draws data from the following Greek and Latin textbooks.
- Greek: An Intensive Course, by Hardy Hansen and Gerald M. Quinn
- Reading Greek: Grammar and Exercises, by Joint Association of Classical Teachers
- Learn to Read Greek, by Andrew Keller and Stephanie Russell
- Learn to Read Latin, by Andrew Keller and Stephanie Russell
- Introduction to Attic Greek (2nd edition), by Donald Mastronarde
- Wheelock’s Latin, by Frederic M. Wheelock and Richard A. Lafleur
- Basiswoordenlijst Latijn , by J.K.L. Babeliowsky, D. den Hengst, W. Holtland, W. van Lakwijk, J.Th.K. Marcelis, H. Pinkster, J.J.L. Smolenaars, Staatsuitgeverij
Download the app at the App store.
HT – Dr JE via Facebook