One student was killed and four were wounded during a shooting early Monday at an Ohio high school, authorities said. A suspect, whose name has not been released, is in police custody.
Civil deputy Erin Knife with the Geauga County Sheriff’s Office said the shooting was reported around 7:30 a.m. Monday at Chardon High School.
To be honest, I don’t like saying “cause.” There is no real good cause of a teenager premeditating murder. Ironically, I am reading Freud at the moment, about id and the lack of impulse control. In many ways, this is a symptom of our social break down, in which the id, the negative, natural impulses of sinful humanity, is being elevated over the superego. Our mimetic theatre of desire (television, internet) is helping to drive some of this, I believe.
Let us pray for the families involved, and the young men responsible for these terrible actions.
- More info on the Ohio shooting at school this morning… (bonjupatten.com)
- Shots Fired At Chardon High School, Gunman Now In Custody (wncx.radio.com)
- OHIO SCHOOL SHOOTING: 5 Students Wounded at Chardon High School (VIDEO) (blippitt.com)
- Breaking News: Officials Evacuate Students Following Shooting At Ohio High School (bossip.com)
- Ohio Students Shot, Unknown Number Wounded (lezgetreal.com)