NJ: What if the Democrats still have control? What’s your scenario then?
NORQUIST: Obama can sit there and let all the tax [cuts] lapse, and then the Republicans will have enough votes in the Senate in 2014 to impeach. The last year, he’s gone into this huddle where he does everything by executive order. He’s made no effort to work with Congress. (here)
So… I’m not sure if he understands that not allowing really, really rich guys keep more money and not pay for the wars that they started is not an impeachable offense. I would say that by allowing it, it is almost an impeachable offense.
But, note the guy… the Senate doesn’t impeach. The Senate is the judicial body which hears the the impeachment brought by the House. If the House is in Democratic control, the Senate cannot impeach the President, much less try him for anything… especially letting tax cuts lapse…
Norquist is a moron, but oddly enough, a very, very powerful one. Republicans pledge allegiance to him before they do so to the Constitution.
- Grover Norquist: Soon It’s Time to Impeach Obama – Anti-tax advocate reveals plan for Republican majority (tribuneofthepeople.com)
- Norquist: Republicans Will Impeach Obama If He Doesn’t Extend Bush Tax Cuts (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Norquist: Republicans Will Impeach Obama If He Doesn’t Extend Bush Tax Cuts (thinkprogress.org)
- How Out There Is Grover Norquist? (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- Are the Oligarchs now openly talking about a coup d’etat in America? (theleagueofaggressiveprogressives.wordpress.com)
- Who’s Afraid of Grover Norquist? (skydancingblog.com)
- Impeachment redux, just for the hell of it (dailykos.com)
- Norquist Threatens Impeachment If Obama Does Not Extend Bush Tax Cuts (crooksandliars.com)
- Grover Norquist’s Application for Godhood Denied (isoutrage.wordpress.com)