The kind folks at the Elijah list as ‘sent’ me another ‘prophet’ to ‘review’, and I thought that you might want to know what we found. He has produced 60 trends that will be seen as the ‘Apostles and Prophets’ take over. Note, biblically speaking, while their may be prophecies of some caliber, the idea of Apostles and Prophets existing today is rather unbiblical. The title ‘Apostle’ was used of those that were sent by God expressly, and generally fell to the 12, plus Paul.
The Church has a foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, not a capstone. It is clear from Scripture that the Apostles was a time based office.
John, a self-declared prophet and apostle is a part on C. Peter Wagner’s team.
He has authored more than 35 books, many having been translated into several languages. He is also founder of the Apostolic Institute of Ministry (AIM), and is part of the faculty of the Wagner Leadership Institute (WLI) and a member of the Board of Directors for the International Coalition of Apostles (ICA), both under the leadership of Dr. C. Peter Wagner. He also holds a Doctor of Ministry Degree.
It is imperative that apostles and prophets come into their appointed positions of leadership in the Church. These are governmental gifts that have tremendous authority to execute the plans and purposes of God. In order to do this they must be identified and released.
When apostles and prophets come into their place, the Church will experience great blessing. Individuals must begin to walk in these callings with confidence and boldness. They need to know the functions of their offices in order to execute them faithfully. Clarity and understanding of these gifts and callings will help them to walk in them fully. This includes planting, activating, imparting, and demonstrating the Kingdom of God.
These gifts need to be confirmed and strengthened. The Church will advance and experience great breakthroughs as a result of these gifts coming forth. The saints will experience a new level of perfecting, maturity and release. Fear, ignorance and unbelief will hinder these gifts from coming forth fully. Overcome fear with courage and boldness, overcome ignorance with knowledge and revelation, and overcome unbelief with faith. Apostolic alignment is important in this hour. We must align ourselves with the apostolic and prophetic movement.
The following are 60 trends that I see emerging in the Church with the full restoration of apostles and prophets.
I will not review all 60 (maybe later, or perhaps others could), but here are some of the ones that I found down right heretical, silly, or perverse.
1. A greater emphasis of the importance of signs, wonders, and miracles (especially deliverance). This will prevent the Church from depending too much on rational, intellectual ways of approaching ministry (see 2 Corinthians 12; Matthew 10). Greater demonstrations of the power of God (see 1 Corinthians 2:4).
35. Pulling down of strongholds and ideologies, including humanism, that have kept people from receiving the truth (see 2 Corinthians 10:4).
38. Greater release of the prophetic, including personal prophecy, corporate prophecy, prophetic teams and companies, prophets, prophetic worship, arts, dance, banners, and prophetic teaching and preaching. Apostles will encourage the prophetic in local churches and regions (see 1 Corinthians 14).
52. Increase of knowledge and breaking of spiritual ignorance and darkness, including superstition and idolatry (see Daniel 12:4)
58. Greater release of apostles and prophets, and more ministers step into these callings, being inspired to move into these gifts because of others who have preceded them. The fear and unbelief that have prevented many from walking in these callings will be overcome. The restoration of these gifts means that an abundance of these gifts will be seen in the end-times Church. Multiplied thousands will come forth in different cities, regions, and nations (see Deuteronomy 1:11).
59. The Church will begin to contend for the faith that was once delivered unto the saints (see Jude 1:3).
Their strongholds and ideologies as well as humanism is anything that they disagree with. The reason for this is simple – they do not want you to know anything, but depend on their ‘fresh words’ for support (See 38 – Can you show me with biblical support any of what is mentioned in 38). When Christ told Peter to feed His sheep, He did not mean by signs and wonders, but by the Word of God. Eckhardt would have us dismiss doctrine for charisma. The Germans did the same thing in the 1930’s, dismissing their constitution for the charisma of an Austrian corporal.
Here, but let us remember what Jesus Christ Himself said when plagued by the adversary to great a sign,
Now when the tempter came to Him, he said, “If You are the Son of God, command that these stones become bread.” But He answered and said, “It is written, “Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”‘ (Matthew 4:3-4 NKJV)
Paul told Timothy to hold to the Doctrine of the Church. This is not to say that only ‘intellectuals’ are to be ministers, but there is a sound way, sound doctrine, which must be held.
He quotes 1st Corinthians 2.4-5,
And my speech and my preaching were not with persuasive words of human wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, that your faith should not be in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:4-5 NKJV)
But he forgets,
However, we speak wisdom among those who are mature, yet not the wisdom of this age, nor of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing. But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory, which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 NKJV)
This Gospel is Wisdom, the Wisdom of God which is in contrast to the Wisdom of Man. The leaders of Joel’s Army do not want you to listen to the wisdom of God, but to them, in their demonstrations.
For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. (1 Corinthians 1:22-24 NKJV)
2. A greater release of revelation and insight into the mysteries of God. (Eph 3; 1 Co 4)
There is no new revelation. Paul is speaking about the things being made know to the early Church – which was clearly written down for us.
5. Enforcement of Biblical standards for leadership,
31. Greater release of judgments against immorality and sin both within the Church and society. Pronouncement of judgment upon wicked rulers, wicked governments, and wicked religious, economic and political systems (see Acts 12:23, 13:6-13).
48. Greater emphasis on holiness and righteousness in the Church. This will help stem the tide of worldliness and carnality (see 1 Thessalonians 4:1-7).
You mean like Bob Jones who was exposed committing molestation? And Todd Bentley who was exposed in adultery, drunkenness, and a host of other sins?And concerning governments, remember Romans 13, and th Epistle to Diognetus chapter 5
10. Release of greater resources for Kingdom advancement, including finances and human resources. Greater release of missionaries, both long-term and short-term, for the expansion of the Kingdom. This includes Kingdom businessmen and marketplace apostles (see Acts 4:34-37).
Marketplace apostles? Did I really need to say more?
13. Contending with heresy and doctrinal divisions that keep the Church separated and divided. Defending the truth and preventing apostasy from infiltrating the Church.
20. Emphasis on foundational and important truth that establishes Believers in the faith and prepares them to go to perfection (maturity). Rejection of teachings and any emphasis that are not important and do not matter. Bring redefinition to terms and doctrines that have been taught erroneously.
30. Redigging old wells. Reestablishment and restoration of truth that has been neglected or under-emphasized (see Genesis 26:18).
Doesn’t that contradict number 1?
25. Helping the churches transition into new moves and patterns for ministry. Apostles are raised up during times of transition
He sites Joshua 1, but the Church is not in transition – we know what is going to go on. Further, we have our doctrine, our overseers, and the Spirit that draws us together. In other words, Eckhardt wants you to accept his ‘apostles’ over that of Christ.
Why don’t you email him, email@example.com
I bet he would like to hear from you, and give him the link to this page.