I mean, a lot of columnists, people, and groups — including groups with denominational ties — are on the enemies list of the National Rifle Association.
The following organizations have lent monetary, grassroots or some other type of direct support to anti-gun organizations. In many instances, these organizations lent their name in support of specific campaigns to pass anti-gun legislation such as the March 1995 HCI “Campaign to Protect Sane Gun Laws.” Many of these organizations were listed as “Campaign Partners,” for having pledged to fight any efforts to repeal the Brady Act and the Clinton “assault weapons” ban. All have officially endorsed anti-gun positions. (here)
United States Catholic Conference
United Methodist Church, General Board & Church Society
United Church of Christ, Office for Church in Society*
That’s a pretty good traget list…
So, what do I have to do, as a blogger, author, and Christian leader to get on this list?
This sort of goes along with the story from yesterday — where these right wing groups and leaders are marking out people they disagree with. Um….
- New NRA enemies list provides great ideas for people and companies to support (scholarsandrogues.com)
- NRA’s ‘enemies list’ includes Hallmark, KC Chiefs, AMC (voices.kansascity.com)
- Paranoid NRA Releases Enemy List – Are YOU On It? (addictinginfo.org)
- Thank You NRA (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- How the NRA Went From Best Friend of the Nation’s Police to Harsh Enemy of Law Enforcement (alternet.org)
- High cost of the NRA’s extremism (politico.com)