I asked this question before about another commonly used term to display the badge of Christian differences by, yes, the Christians, and was astounded by the combined list of things that people used to define that term. So now, let me come before you and ask this is honest question; no sarcasm here, if that would ever be possible, but really, it is legitimate:
I would like for anyone who is interested in the issue and has used the term “fundamentalist” before about someone or a Christian organization, how they define it and what are the issues that they consider before they label someone, group or organization “fundamentalist”. Note that I am speaking of Christianity only.
- is the term related to the current issues?
- is the term related merely to feelings, likes, dislikes, etc. or is there a “firm foundation” for it?
- how many definitions can we find?
- is the term being used more often today because of the in-flux of agnostics in social media and/or because of some TV specials recently presented on TV?
- What is the antonym for the term “fundamentalist?”
I am begging for answers.