The title is fitting to both the subject matter — drone strikes — and the fact that the IRD would have us all be murderous drones in the name of God.
Christian has left a response already that needs not be repeated, just shared. On facebook, I left this one
It would seem that the only real dividing line in using violence is the time and place it is used and who uses it. Drone strikes do not fit well into any Scriptural teaching or any teaching of the Church. What makes drones strikes acceptable to American Christians — some American Christians — is that we are doing to people who look different than us and can bear the blame we place on them for 9/11. If these were drone strikes by, say, Iran on Israel, we would be decrying the brutality of them. This is intellectual cowardice and should, at some point before we are truly all God-forsaken, stop.
Mark Tool-ey is a detestable theologian and a horrible Wesleyan. I regret the stage given this man who would rather see Jesus crucified again than to make peace.
- US Drone Strikes Soaring in Afghanistan (news.antiwar.com)
- US silenced ex-White House official on terror drone program (fromthetrenchesworldreport.com)
- Iran says it has captured a foreign ‘enemy drone’ (news.yahoo.com)
- Lobbyist: Use Drones To Kill Americans On U.S. Soil (libertycrier.com)
- Police surveillance drones pose a threat to domestic privacy (mysecuritysign.com)
- The Drone Threat (sgtreport.com)
- Unmanned freedom, American style (english.pravda.ru)