I think he’s serious, folks. Of course, it more of an attempt to get some hardcore ads on television during the 2012 Superbowl:
Veteran anti-abortion activist Randall Terry says he’s mounting a Democratic primary challenge to President Obama in 2012, in part to be able to run graphic TV ads showing aborted fetuses during next year’s Super Bowl.
“I want to pummel Obama. I despise this presidency. He is the arch child killer of the Western Hemisphere, so I’m going to go head-to-head with him,” Terry said in a phone interview.
“My ultimate goal is to make child killing illegal again. And for child killing to be made illegal, there has to be a crisis of conscience; we have to show the victims like we show the Holocaust victims and say never again.” (here)
Several things are apparent -
- Terry didn’t get the memo of toning down the rhetoric to a responsible and honest style
- Terry is out of his gourd.
- He has no real clue as to how the legal/justice/legislative system works.
This is his website which features some of those videos. Warning. They are disturbing.
You know my stance on elective abortions. You know my stance on Randall Terry as well. I think that what he is doing is disgusting, and dishonest, but for the life of me, I think that Americans might need to actually see the effects of abortion. We have grown a callous over that term, when in fact it is one of the most invasive procedures down to the human body.
I don’t like Terry’s tone. I think it is damaging and a turn off to rational people. He is being dishonest to say the very least which is one of the reasons that many no longer participate in the debate.
This coming Saturday, I believe, is a March for Life in Baton Rouge. There will be speakers, food, community, etc… and lots of money spent. Lots. Is that the best way to actually address this issue? To showcase those opposed to abortion without discussion, without qualification of the issue? Wouldn’t that money and time be better spent in giving/collecting money to help women who are struggling with elective abortion? That march will be attended by thousands, do doubt, lasting about 3 hours. Imagine the amount of community ministry/service which could take place during that time.
- Randall Terry Plans To Mount A Primary Campaign Against Obama, Because Why Not? (huffingtonpost.com)
- John Boehner pals around with terrorist Randall Terry (dailykos.com)
- Anti-abortion nut Randall Terry met with John Boehner’s Chief of Staff (crooksandliars.com)
- John Boehner hangs out with Randall Terry (salon.com)
- Randall Terry Will Use Hate Speech to Challenge Obama in 2012 (crooksandliars.com)