there are times you just can’t help stupidity… mythicism falls into this category, but…
So Bahumuth, one blessed with a special kind of mythicism, tweeted this regarding my use of the phrase “science of history.”
The “science of history”? I don’t know about you, but I studied history when I got my M.A., not my B.S.
Well.. ha ha… boy, that’s really got me there. Whew-who. Man do I have egg on my face.
- Auxiliary Sciences of History (Wikipedia – these are the sciences used in general history)
- Richard T. Hull – The Science of History
- The Concept of Scientific History
- The Science of History in Victorian Britain
- Reviews for the above mentioned book
- The Science of History (Lewis Pyenson) (Review of The Landscape of History: How Historians Map the Past)
- Human Cycles – History as Science
- Cliodynamics, a science of history?
- Toward a science of history
- The Concept of Time in the Science of History
- The Desirability of Treating History as a Science of Origins
- History as a Science: The Philosophy of R.G. Collingwood
Guess he does have a special sort of b.s. as well.
Remember, what is here are links with a variety of resources, including some responses against the idea. If you can’t understand the use of a multitude of sources… oh wait… some do not even get the idea of sources.
- History as a Science (ancientpolybius.wordpress.com)
- UCL history of psychological disciplines seminar – The Possessions at Loudun: Their Significance in the History of the Science of Mind (Dr. Craig E. Stephenson) (historypsychiatry.com)
- Cliodynamics: A Future for History? (egtheory.wordpress.com)