The good Dr. Cargill has posted his stance. The good Dr. West has posted his. The good Dr. McGrath may have won the internet today. You know my feelings on gay marriage. It is not in the purview of the legal system to decide such things. Further, in a system of non-discriminatory laws, we must allow for the same ability to exercise consent to one adult as we do to other adults. As Americans, we are assured of this reality, although it takes us time to realize it.
The AP has the full audio of today’s hearings:
In one of two cases this week challenging laws against same-sex unions, the high court heard arguments for and against a California measure that limits marriage to a man and a woman. Several justices raised doubts that the case was properly before them, suggesting they could dismiss it without any ruling.
Remember, a court of law does not decide the morality but the legality of the case. You steal a piece of bread to save your starving child, you have committed a crime, although the act may be judged moral.
I am for equal rights under the law.
Also, I am for banning pseudo-intellectuals from the internet, beginning with the criminal on the run in South Korea.
- ‘Marriage equality’ or ‘marriage extinction’? Next: equal rights for incest and bestiality (worldtribune.com)
- Marriage equality’s big week at the US supreme court | Jason Farago (guardian.co.uk)
- The Must-See Marriage Equality Ad With A Twist (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- Rightwing Nutcases Warn Of Revolution If Gay Marriage Bans Struck Down (notthesingularity.com)
- Marriage Equality Spells Marriage Extinction. (greatriversofhope.wordpress.com)
- Same-Sex Couples Deserve Equal Protection Under the Law (usnews.com)
- Moral vs. Legal Imperatives and Marriage Equality (mymorningmeditations.com)
- Gay Marriage Supporters Should Hope SCOTUS Doesn’t Decide In Their Favor In Prop 8 Case (mediaite.com)