The news broke and is rebreaking after the end of the Hurricane Sandy coverage… that Mitt Romney actually paid no taxes for ten years — as Henry Reid said.
In this instance, Romney used the tax-exempt status of a charity — the Mormon Church, according to a 2007 filing – to defer taxes for more than 15 years. At the same time he is benefiting, the trust will probably leave the church with less than what current law requires, according to tax returns obtained by Bloomberg this month through a Freedom of Information Act request. (you must, must read all of it here)
You have a man who is running for President of this country who doesn’t like to pay taxes, and uses his Church to hide it. As President, however, he will collect taxes in the form of his pay. He will wages wars with tax payers’s children and money. This he will do without paying taxes himself. Only dictators do this.
On another front, two Republican Governors and Secretary of States are doing their level best to deny the most essential American sacramental right – the right to Vote. One Governor, Rick Scott, is denying the right to vote. In Ohio, the same. We are entering a phase in which depraved, unethical, and near-criminal behavior in the “defense of America” is seen as a virtue.
Again, I can understand why you do not want to vote the President, but how can you vote for Mitt Romney? If you vote for the lesser evil, you are still voting for evil.
Good luck, America.
- OCTOBER SURPRISE: Mitt Romney Used Church Loophole To “Defer” Taxes Over 15 Years (newsone.com)
- Bloomberg News: Romney ‘rented’ Mormon church’s exemption to defer taxes for 15 years (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- Bloomberg News: Romney ‘rented’ Mormon church’s exemption to defer taxes for 15 years (rawstory.com)
- AT LAST! Now We Know Why Romney Won’t Release His Taxes! (davidmixner.com)
- Romney ‘Rented’ Church Tax Exemption (drudge.com)