Why? Because pensions will be lost – health care lost, jobs taken to China were working conditions are just this side of Milton’s purgatory.
in their 2011 and 2012 Federal Financial Disclosure filing, Ann Romney’s trust lists “more than $1 million” invested with Elliott.
Since the November 2011 IPO, Delphi’s stock has roared upward, boosting the Romneys’ Delphi windfall from $10.2 million to $15.3 million for each million they invested with Singer.
But what if the Romneys invested a bit more with Singer: let’s say a mere 3 percent of their reported net worth, or $7.5 million? (After all, ABC News reported—and Romney didn’t deny—that he invested “a huge chunk of his vast wealth” with Singer.) Then their take from the auto bailout so far would reach a stunning $115 million.
Yeah, sure, he’ll get tough on China… And I’ll stop taking free books.
- Another Romney Investment: 25,000 jobs lost, buys Factories in China, costs workers $1 billion in pensions (freakoutnation.com)
- How Romney Profited from the Auto Bailout (thedailybeast.com)
- Romney did ship auto jobs to China (southofheaven.typepad.com)
- Romney & Co Shipped Every Single Delphi UAW Job to China (thepeoplesvoice.org)
- Romney Profited From Auto Bailout (news.firedoglake.com)