I really want to give fellow pro-lifers the benefit of the doubt… but this is nuts.
“I’m very proud of my pro-life record, and I’ve always adopted the idea that, the position that the method of conception doesn’t change the definition of life,” Ryan explained. “But let’s remember, I’m joining the Romney-Ryan ticket. And the president makes policy.” (here)
IVF, etc… is a method of conception, no doubt, but some pro-lifers are opposed to that.
I’m not it is spiritually wise – who cares about politics – to declare rape, incest, etc… as just another method of conception.
Are we are callous to women that we can honestly say rape is another method of conception? The next step is to suggest rape is God’s will.
- Ryan explains his abortion view, and then Romney’s (politico.com)
- Ryan Calls Rape a ‘Method of Conception’ (drudge.com)
- Paul Ryan Calls Rape “A Method Of Conception” (alan.com)
- Ryan on abortion exceptions: Rape is just another ‘method of conception’ (rawstory.com)
- Is Ryan going rogue? – Salon.com (tribuneofthepeople.com)