Gawker post it… I think it’s pretty funny -
2. Astronomy or other Space Science
8. Biology or other Life Science
9. Foreign language (Useful type)
10. Computer Science
12. Geology or other Earth Science
19. Study of Some Foreign Place or Culture
22. Religion or Theology
25. Foreign Language (Useless type)
26. Political Science
27. Drama or Film
28. Phys Ed, Sports Management or other Major Designed For Athletes
29. Journalism or “Communications”
It’s in response to an op-ed by Julian Friedland, which in part states:
So what objective knowledge can philosophy bring that is not already determinable by science? This is a question that has become increasingly fashionable — even in philosophy — to answer with a defiant “none.” For numerous philosophers have come to believe, in concert with the prejudices of our age, that only science holds the potential to solve persistent philosophical mysteries as the nature of truth, life, mind, meaning, justice, the good and the beautiful.
Sorry, but I disagree…. Philosophy is still the mother of all knowledge. Necessity is the mother of invention. Invention, science, would not be needed or known, without necessity, philosophy.