Shawn as brought to my attention a book to be released by Thomas Nelson, authored by none other than just about the greatest fiction writer today, David Barton. It purports to expose the “Jefferson Lies.”
These are some of the “myths” which will be explored:
- Jefferson and Sally: Did he really have children by his slave, Sally Hemings?
- Jefferson and Jesus: Did he really abandon the faith of his family?
- Jefferson and the Bible: Did he really want to rewrite the Scripture?
- Jefferson and the church: Did he really advocate separation?
- Jefferson and slaves: What is the truth about his slaveholding and his statements that all are created equal?
- Jefferson and education: Did Jefferson really found the first secular, irreligious university?
David Barton was Glen Beck’s go-to guy for revisionist history, much of which he has selflessly recreated himself instead of outright stealing it from others. His errors are known far and wide and some of the worst sort, but for some reason, he is a big hit among conservatives who still insist that this country was founded as an honest-to-good Christian country.
How convenient that Murdoch has another publishing arm, appealing to conservative Christians, to push his political agendas.