Contra Zwingli -
“Plato has also drunk at this heavenly spring. And if the two Catos, Scipio, and Camillus, had not been truly religious, could they have been so high-minded?”
There is a certain known Biblioblogger out there who, following in the way of Clement of Alexandria, believes that Christianity and Platonism can be mixed. I’m not going to say he’s wrong, but when he is burning in the fires of hell, I’ll let Abraham tell him he was wrong.
For many Christian people, spirituality is set against our humanity.
Okay, jokes aside about Plato – these articles are worth reading.
- Clement of Alexandria (A) (frted.wordpress.com)
- In Defense of Plato (thephilosophyofscience.wordpress.com)
- Why read Plato? (oup.com)
- Plato Taught (espliego.wordpress.com)
- God Loves the Gates of Zion More: Say No to Plato (part 5) (missoulaurc.wordpress.com)