Updates are throughout… It is a hodge podge of stories and thoughts.
The President’s statement.
NPR is reporting that she and 6 more have died. Reuters is confirming. One sheriff’s office is reporting that she is dead, but the live news report on MSNBC at the moment is reporting that she is alive.
Fortunately, the Congresswoman is living and the former Surgeon General has said that she can survive, but that it will be a difficult process of recovery.
Sheriff Clarence Dupnik lays blame at the feet of inflammatory rhetoric from news media. Dupnik is also known for his stand on Arizona’s controversial immigration law.
Raw video of the aftermath.
Of course…. it seems that Liberals have gotten into the act in the past with targeting campaigns.
We have lost a lot of the reasonableness which we are supposed to have in our system of government. Both sides are guilty to some extent. Of course, it may be simply that he was a mentally deranged individual.
Pray for her family – pray for our country.
U.S. Representative Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona was shot in the head outside a grocery store in Tucson while holding a public event, U.S. National Public Radio reported Saturday.
At least three of her staff members were also shot by an unidentified gunman who ran up and began shooting indiscriminately, according to media reports. (here)
The Comments posted at the Foxnews Story shows the utter depravity of our ‘Christian’ nation. Many are excusing this as okay – some are blaming illegals – some are blaming the President.
Gawker is reporting a first person account.
FreeRepublic.com has gone down, and according to some reports, was crashed by celebrating Tea Partiers
She was threatened and her office attacked in the wake of the health care vote. She was on Sarah Palin’s target list for the last election.
She was the first Jewish woman elected as well as the third Arizona woman elected to the House.
This image appeared on Giffords’ opponent Jesse Kelly’s web site:
- Gabrielle Giffords votes against Nancy Pelosi (blogs.jta.org)
- Sheriff Clarence Dupnik: Arizona ‘Mecca For Prejudice & Bigotry’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Arizona Shooting Spree Will Likely Alter American Politics (themoderatevoice.com)
- Gabrielle Giffords shot in Arizona – Sarah Palin ‘has blood on her hands’ (archbishop-cranmer.blogspot.com)
- Sheriff: Tucson shootings highlight bigotry, anger (cnn.com)
- Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, Target Of Previous Political Threats, Known For Magnetic Personality (huffingtonpost.com)