One of my favorite Southern Gospel groups are the McRaes. They some pretty powerful songs which helps to lift the burden every now and then, and frankly, their style is right up my alley. I cannot sing – trust me, you wouldn’t want me to – nor can I write music, etc… yet if I did, coming across something like this video would trouble me and most likely make me rethink my career. I can imagine that it troubles the ladies in the group.
In the chorus, the words are changed from “and His name is Jesus Christ”, to “and He is the Son of God”. She is talking about a man, NOT Jesus, but an Indonesian man named Pastor Apollo Quiboloy, who has proclaimed himself to be the “appointed Son of God”. He has a huge following. Unbelievable! I was outraged, horrified, and disgusted when I saw this!! Our name is in the credits! I was sick to my stomach to know that a song written to glorify God and point people to the ONE TRUE Remedy-Jesus Christ, was being used to point people to this guy!! I have contacted my publisher and lawyers and legal action is taking place to have this video removed, etc. This is really something I had to see to believe!!
If you fast forward to the 3.59 mark, you will see the picture of Apollo Quiboloy as she sings. This false prophet, cult leader, teaches that he is the appointed son of God (god).
- Jesus Christ is also the Father.
- Salvation is through Apollo C. Quiboloy, the Appointed Son of God.
- Apollo C. Quiboloy is the Temple of the Father, Jesus Christ. He is the residence of the Father on earth and heir of all things the Father entrusted to him, not only His words, name, life and kingdom, but also the lives of his enemies, the power to raise even the dead, riches, fame and power in the airwaves.
- The Kernel or Ear in Mark 4:26-28 is the Kingdom of Apollo C. Quiboloy.
- In the change of administration, now sits in the throne that Lucifer usurped from Adam and Eve.
- Apollo C. Quiboloy is the King in the now established Kingdom of God.
- Apollo C. Quiboloy is the father’s standard of judgement.
- Davao City is the New Jerusalem.
Not only that, but this ‘nut’ is a proponent of the serpent seed theology. This mythology, as it were, is taught by the founder of the Latter Rain movement, William Branham, which has become Joel’s Army (Patricia King, Todd Bentley, others and others and others).
For many will come in My name, saying, “I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many. (Matthew 24:5 NKJV)
Like Branham, Apollo – who kingdom should consist of no more space than an 8×10 padded cell, has proclaimed himself the finisher of what Christ has done on the Cross, something that the unadulterated version of the song so beautifully points out.
So when Jesus had received the sour wine, He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit. (John 19:30 NKJV)
Let us pray that the McRaes are able to get this video pulled, but more than that, able to get them to stop singing that song. And, Church, let us pray that the minors that he recruits will be able to come to Christ and bring others with them, finding the only true remedy that is in Jesus Christ.
McRaes, we’ll be praying for you too.